Thursday, December 5, 2013

Day 5- Aunt/Uncle perspective

Sorry I didn't blog yesterday. I haven't been feeling the best and hoping whatever it is goes away. Below you will find the perspective of a very amazing set of people. They are beautiful inside and out and have been there for me in whatever way they could be!!

My name is Bruce Gabbert.  I am Kristi's uncle.  When she asked me to write something about Crohn's for her, I thought "I can't do that."  After some thought I came up with his. What does Crohn's mean to me?  Well when I think of Kristi I think Courageous, Resilient, Outstanding, Happy, No quit and Sweet.  Kristi is all these things nd so much more in spite of her disease.  If you don't know her then you would never tell she is sick. She will never let us know the pain she is in. I hope there will be a cure for Crohn's and Colitis, and I know that Kristi, her family and friends will do all we can to make his possible. I am so proud of the woman, mother and wife she has become. I love you Kristi!
-Bruce


This is Crohn's and Colitis awareness week and I would like to say a little something about a very special young woman who happens to be my niece.  I met Kristi when she was first diagnosed with this horrible disease 15 years ago. She has grown into such an amazing, beautiful, spiritual, and loving person.  Since her diagnosis, she has graduated high school, gotten her nursing degree, gotten married and has had three beautiful children.  For the average healthy person, her spbusy life would exhaust most of us, but she puts on her infectious smile and keeps on going. The one going I always hear her say is that the hard part about all of this is that she looks fine on the outside, but on the inside she is a really sick girl so most people don't understand. She will come to our family gatherings with her beautiful smile after being sick for days and not utter one compliant. If can't even begin to know how she struggles on a daily basis not knowing what the day will bring. Kristi has helped so many others with this disease and I am so very, very proud of her! Kristi is a hero and a true inspiration to me and many, many others! May there one day, soon, be a cure for his disease. 
-Dawn


No comments:

Post a Comment