Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 2: my moms perspective

My goal this week is to have loved ones in my life give their perspective of Crohn's disease and how it affects them. I always talk about how it affects me but it affects all those around me...

A perspective of Crohn's disease from my mother: 



My daughter was diagnosed with Crohn's disease 15 years ago. During the last 15 years I have experienced and witnessed the hardship this disease has had on my daughter and her family. My daughter has tried numerous medications and nothing has seemed to work for her. My daughter has gone through 4 surgeries and continues to struggle with this disease on a daily basis. Being a mother, it is very hard to see your child fight through something like this with everything they have, yet, there is no end in site for her or her pain.  My daughter has been a go getter from the time she was a little girl, she continues to be this way for her family and children even though she lives with the pain of this disease everyday. 

The hard part for me is watching her go through this knowing that nothing I can do will make it better for her. As a mother, you want to take away all the pain your children have and I am unable to control that with this terrible disease.  It also is sad to me that people really do not understand this disease and how much it affects the daily life of someone.  I do understand this disease and want my daughter to know I feel her pain everyday.  Even though my daughter is a beautiful person on the outside she fights this roaring tiger that tears apart her insides and causes her great pain.

 My wish for my daughter is that they will eventually find a cure for Crohn's disease. I would like to see this happen in my lifetime knowing that she will be okay and not have to suffer anymore would be a great gift for her.  I will also continue to advocate for this disease to keep spreading the word so more people will finally understand what this disease is all about and how they can get on board to support the people who struggle with this disease. I would love for people to learn more about Crohn's and what it does to people.  

I love you mom!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment