Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Recovery

Who ever said that recovering from a major surgery is just like a vacation needs to try it sometime because they are wrong!! I wish I could be using all my vacation days on an actual "vacation" with my family and  of laying in pain on the couch feeling guilty because I'm accomplishing nothing! I am 8 days post my surgery and I'm slowly feeling a little better each day.  Not lifting 10 lbs or more for 6 weeks is going to be impossible. I feel so weak and that any muscle I had is gone. I am down to my lowest weight I have been in almost forever so let's hope that all comes back gradually.  I know that this all takes time but most of you that know me realize I don't like to wait and that I want it now :). 


This. Is. Me. At. My. Sickest! And not my finest.  Don't judge the looks by its cover. 

For those of you that are squeamish don't look at the next picture. Here is my abs at their finest too :) 
Gross huh!  I'm pretty sure I don't have a belly button under there either. 

Thank you!!
I want to say thank you again and again for all the support to have received from family and friends. The phone calls, texts, food and prayers mean the world to me.  I have the most amazing support system in the world that I know I couldn't get through times like this without it. 

I have my recheck tomorrow with my surgeon so we will cross my fingers and toes that he says I can run in Vegas in November. If I can't, I will be one hell of a cheerleader!!! 

That's it for now. I will keep  you posted after my appt tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment