Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Go with it!

I am still not in a healthy state of mind which makes me sad but it is so amazing to me the love and support I have surrounding me in both that I see and what is unseen! My wonderful neighbors surprised me with an entire sack of meat, I have received random messages of people thinking about me and just the care surrounding me is hard to put into words. I knew I. Was a pretty cool chick but I guess I never realized how cool I was :)) 

 I read this amazing blog post this morning by a young gal named Kiley.  I met her when I was a cabin counselor at camp oasis and her smile and attitude was so infectious that you just wanted to hang around with her.  She is so wise in her young age and I want to share a part of her blog with you: 

Kiley wrote: " I've learned to go with it. I honestly believe that God made me someone to just go with the tidal waves. I've learned how to drink down barium for CAT scans, and mastered the art of the colonoscopy only on my second attempt. The clean-out process the day before really isn't that bad, especially when I remind myself that there is a seven year-old doing the same thing I am."  

How amazing is that... I've learned to just go with it.  I have always just went with it until this week and now I'm just sitting back and sulking. I need to put my big girl panties on and realize that there has to be a light at the end of the tunnel somewhere even if its not this month but 3 months down the road there is a end somewhere. It could always be worse. I could  be so sick that I couldn't be home with my kids or my family or enjoy listening to both their laughter and fighting.  

So to end this brief post lets just say "I'm going to just go with it"! Thank you Kiley!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment